DIRTY DESIGN MANIFESTO*
1. KNOW what you design, buy or discard: research what it is made of, where raw material originates from, who put it together, how it came to you, where it goes when you throw it away.
2. REPAIR/ADAPT what is broken or not optimal. Design things that invite intervention.
3. RECYCLE CREATIVELY (for both designers and consumers)
4. LET GO OF THE CULT OF THE NEW AND ANONYMOUS and appreciate traces of use, history and craftsmanship.
5. QUIT TRYING TO MAKE THE UNIVERSAL. Life and survival is about variety, adaptability and customization, and so should design be.
6. STOP DESIGNING, start making.